Growing up, this Spanish influenced dish was one of my favourite Mama side dishes.
If there’s one thing that Spain has always seemed to get right it’s food, especially food from the rural areas and this quick and easy recipe goes well with any meat and fish dishes. It may look simple but it’s full of flavour and texture.
- 10 Baby Potatoes or 4 Medium Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 Long Green Peppers
1. Thinly slice your potatoes and fry in a pan with a little oil, salt and pepper.
2. Slice the onion and peppers lengthways and add to the pan, along with your potatoes and cover.
3. Leave you pan on a medium heat. Covering the pan fries the vegetables but also boils them in their own steam, softening the potatoes.
4. This should take about 20 minutes, Stir occasionally until soft and season to taste.