Green tea smoothies are a great way to start your day. They can even be drank as a delicious filling mid-day snack. This particular recipe is one of my favorites because it is loaded with antioxidants, easy to make, and delicious.
One of the benefits of drinking green tea is that it has a lot less caffeine than coffee. This means you can have a cleaner pick me up without the acid reflux and jitters that go along with the consumption of coffee.
Matcha green tea is a specialty green tea that can be found at almost any store. It has over 100 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea which help destroy the free radicals in your body that can cause cancer.
The best thing about this recipe is that it only has 5 ingredients and takes a very short time to make.
- Bananas have been found to help maintain low blood pressure, decrease one’s risk of developing asthma and cancer, and aid in heart health. They are packed with fiber, potassium, vitamin C and much more, to help give you a boost to get through your day. Also, bananas are high in the amino acid tryptophan, which can help to boost your mood and keep your memory sharp.
- Coconut milk can help lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure and prevent heart attacks and strokes. Due to the fact that it is made up of medium-chain fatty acids, coconut milk can help you build muscle and lose fat at the same time! Coconut milk is also packed with electrolytes, thus able to help prevent exhaustion, muscle cramps, low immunity, and exhaustion following exercise.
- Matcha green tea powder is filled with antioxidants and can boost your metabolism by burning calories. It is a natural way to detox the body, and calms the mind at the same time. It is rich in vitamins, chlorophyll and fiber, and provides mood enhancing benefits as well as aids in concentration.
- Pineapple has many anti-inflammatory benefits. It can also help better bone strength, digestion, and eye health.
- Spinach is jam packed with vitamin K which can help skin and hair, as well as control diabetes and asthma. Kale, also high in vitamin K is a super food that helps detox the body, support the heart, and prevent cancer.
Ok, enough information, let’s start making Matcha Green Piña Colada smoothie
- 2 peeled, sliced, frozen bananas
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 cup of ripe frozen pineapple
- 1 cup of spinach or kale
1 – Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend on high till smooth.
2 – If the sweetness is not to your liking, feel free to add in a touch of maple syrup.
3 – If you desire a stronger green tea flavour, add in some more matcha green tea. If you’re going for a tangier taste, add in some more pineapple.
4 – If a creamier taste is desired, feel free to add in some more coconut milk.
5 – You can also top off your smoothie with anything that you like, such as fresh berries, coconut flakes, or roasted almond slivers.
Recipe by Victoria Giang
Victoria is a home cooking mom and a food blogger behind How Daily. She loves to share her recipes and culinary tips from her diversified experience of multi-cuture. Concocting smoothie recipes is one of her spare time hobbies. Check out her lastest article about best smoothie blenders.