- 3 cups organic vegetable broth(may need more to cover the vegetables)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 oz. butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetcorn (optional)
- 1 cup prechopped carrot
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- half cup prechopped celery and 1 large chopped potato
- half kilo medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- half a carton cream cheese and a glass of milk.
- 1 glass white wine.
1. Pour broth into a container. Microwave for 1 minute.
2. Combine broth, thyme, and black pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.. Stir carrot mixture and potato into broth mixture, add wine, cream cheese and wine, cover and simmer until veggies are tender.
4. Take out a few carrot pieces and potatoes and set aside. Blend the soup until smooth, return to heat and add the prawns for a few minutes until cooked, add the reserved carrots, sweetcorn and potatoes to the pan and soup is ready after a few minutes. You may add more broth or water if mixture is too thick. A really delicious soup. Enjoy!
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro