- 400-500 G Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- 400 G lean mince beef
- Some saffron (mainly for Food Colouring)
- 1 Small Spring Onion
- 1 small carton of tomato frito or Passata
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional – Grated Cheese
1. Boil Pasta
2. In the meantime, place thinly diced spring onion and mince meat in a pan and cook. Sprinkle 2 oxo cubes over the meat whilst cooking.
3. Once the meat is cooked pour in the tomate frito and tomato purée and mix thoroughly.
4. When pasta has boiled, drain and place back into the pasta pot
5. Mix in the meat mixture on a low heat
6. Serve with optional grated cheese
Recipe by Tracey Bonavia