- 6 chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 2 thick slices of Spanish ham,
- 1 chopped onion,
- 1 chopped green and 1 chopped red pepper,
- 3 chopped garlic cloves,
- 2 tomatoes (skinned)
- olive oil,
- 1 glass white wine,
- 1 bay leaf,
- about 4 tablespoons flour,
1. Mix the flour with the salt and pepper and flour the chicken pieces until all coated. Fry the chicken pieces in a casserole with the bayleaf and olive oil. The bayleaf gives out a lovely flavour to the chicken whilst fried together.
2. When brown take out and fry the onion and the chopped peppers in the same oil (you may have to add some more olive oil to the casserole).
3. Then add the garlic, the chopped Spanish ham and the skinned tomatoes. Add half a carton of Tomate Frito. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes taking care the sauce does not burn so stir every so often with a spoon.
4. At this point you may blend the sauce if you do not wish to find the veggie pieces but you may leave everything whole. I blended the sauce until smooth.
5. After a few minutes add the chicken pieces and the wine, stirring until all mixed. The sauce should cover the chicken otherwise add some water to the sauce.
6. Cover and simmer -stirring every few minutes – until the chicken is cooked. Serve with rice or a salad of your choice.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro