- 4oz (110g) plain flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pt (284ml) milk
- 2oz (56g) butter
1. Sift your flour into a large bowl and add the salt
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour, and add your egg and whist together.
3. Gradually mix in the milk. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and leave to stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
4. Melt your butter in a small pan and use this to grease a large frying pan.
5. Heat your pan and pour small amounts of your batter in the centre of the pan, this should be a thin layer that can spread evenly throughout the pan.
6. When the edges appear to stiff, flip your pancake and cook the other side.
7. Once everything is golden, it is ready to eat with lemon, sugar, yoghurt or hover you prefer to enjoy your pancakes.