- 8 pieces of oxtail pre boiled in pressure cooker for about 30 mins or until tender
- 1 laddle of the above broth
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
1. 8 pieces of oxtail pre boiled in pressure cooker for about 30 mins or until tender, if you do not have a pressure cooker then stew in a covered casserole dish with water for 1h or so, until thoroughly cooked.
2. Gently fry onions, garlics and breadcrumbs.
3. Add tomato puree, stir and fry for a bit, then place in a mortar and crush.
4. Return to frying pan and add the wine. Bring to a boil and add the laddle of broth.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place pieces of tender oxtails in a dish and pour sauce over. Let it rest before serving.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco