- 250 g Lentils
- 1 Large Slice Pumpkin
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 handfuls Rice
- 250 G Chorizo
- 250 G Morcilla (black pudding)
Soak the lentils in water overnight; this allows them to swell and tenderise
1. If using dried lentils then soak your lentils overnight.
2. Begin by placing everything whole in a casserole dish with boiling water except for the rice and lentils. Cook over a medium heat until tender.
3. Add the soaked lentils and rice and cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
4. Once this is all cooked, remove the vegetables, leaving the rice and lentils behind and blend the vegetables along with some water until thick.
5. Add your blended vegetables back into the casserole dish with the rice and lentils. Add salt if necessary.