- 1 cup (5 ozs). plus 2 tablespoons SR flour flour, divided
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons icing sugar, divided
- 1 stick (4ozs.) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (7 ozs) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon finely zested
Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180 °C
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, ½ cup icing sugar, butter, and salt with a fork until a crumbly dough forms. Press a thin coat of the dough into the paper cases to form a base. Bake about 10 minutes or until it is a light golden brown.
2. While the crust is baking, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and fine lemon zest.
3. Remove paper cases with crust from oven, pour the lemon mixture over the crust.
4. Bake about 15 minutes, or until the centre is set (doesn’t jiggle when you shake the pan). Allow lemon petit fours to cool for 30 minutes in pan.
5. Sprinkle the remaining icing sugar over the cooled petit fours. Really tangy and delicious.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro