- 1 Medium Onion
- Boiling Water
- Beef Stock Cube
- Black Pepper
- Grated Cheese
1. Peel and thinly slice your onion. Use a tablespoon dollop of butter and heat in a sauce pan until melted.
2. When melted, gently fry your onions in the butter until soft and clear.
3. In the meantime, boil some water. Once the onions are ready, fill your saucepan with the boiled water and season with salt, plenty of cracked black pepper and your beef stock.
4. Grate some cheese and slice some baguettes. When the soup is ready and to your liking, serve in a bowl, place the baguette slices so that they float in the centre of the soup bowl and cover with the grated cheese.
5. Place the bowl(s) under a grill until the cheese is nice and golden. Serve.
Careful it’s going to be very hot.