- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pork fillets, (about 1/2 kilo)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250ml red wine about 200 gr mushrooms (optional) sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 (284ml) pot double cream
Preheat an oven to 160 degrees C / Gas mark 3.
1. Melt the butter with the oil in a casserole pot and brown the pork. Remove from the pan.
2. Add the onions and cook until soft.
Return the pork (and any collected juices), season with salt and pepper and add the red wine.
Cover and cook in a preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 mins. If wine starts to evaporate too quickly top up with some more red wine.
Meanwhile mix the flour and cream together. Remove casserole from oven and stir in the cream mixture. Stir until the sauce has thickened slightly
Lemon zest and garlic potatoes
3. Parboil potatoes – shake them in the colander to roughen the edges and put into a bowl. Add 1 lemon zest, 2 garlic cloves, a pinch of paprika salt and pepper and olive oil and mix everything with the potatoes with your hands, add more olive oil if potatoes are still dry so as to coat them.Place the seasoned potatoes in a baking dish/tin and roast for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro