- 1 green pepper,
- 1 onion,
- 3 garlic gloves, all finely chopped,
- 1 jar of Tomate frito casero,
- a glass white wine,
- 1 chicken or fish cube, (I used left over fish stock, even tastier)
- a bay leaf.
- Tabasco Sauce (optional)
- yellow food colouring or saffron.
- 2 tins tuna
1, Drizzle a pan with olive oil, saute the chopped vegetables until soft, then add the tomate frito and the wine, the chicken or fish cube and the bay leaf.
2, Simmer for about half an hour, I blended this mixture as I like a smooth sauce but it is not necessary.
3, Add the spaghetti to the mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes adding more stock if necessary until al dente or desired consistency.
4, Finally add 2 tins of drained tuna chunks. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro
- 3 – 4 fresh Squid or 1 KG prepared Squid Rings
- Olive Oil
- Plain Flour
Quick and easy and one of people’s favourite dishes.
1. Wash and clean out the squid entirely, removing all ink, spine and innards.
2. Cut into rings, season with salt and leave in a dish to one side covered in milk.
3. Pour some flour on a large plate and some oil in a pan. Heat up the oil on a medium heat and in the meantime, transfer your rings one by one into the flour, covering them entirely. Place them in the frying pan.
4. Fry them until golden and serve with a large slice of lemon to squeeze over.