- 6 courgettes (calabacines)
- 1 cup grated hard edam
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 egg
- 2 slices chopped smoked bacon (optional)
1. Cut the courgettes in half and boil until tender.
2. Scoop inside, mash and drain.
3. Mix all ingredients together and let it rest for a while before stuffing the empty cougettes
4. Dust the stuffed courgettes with flour and fry in hot oil.
5. If some mixture is left over form into balls and fry them too
For a different taste, you can also use corned beef or tuna instead of bacon.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco