- 200g Plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tsp of almond essence
1. In a bowl add in the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt.
2. Add in the butter and do the rubbing method mixing in with your finger tips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. In another bowl add the eggs, milk and almond essence and beat well.Then pour in the egg mixture to your dry ingredients and whisk.
4. Place the cupcakes paper cases into the tray and pour the mixture into the paper cases filling each one only half full.
5. Bake in an oven 180 degrees C for 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe by Charmain Wood